Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kapa Dawgs

It’s that time of year again—the Super Bowl! And although I’d rather be watching the Puppy Bowl, I’ll have to suck it up yet again in the name of love and domestic serenity.
Sigh. However, when adorable puppies are not an option, the only alternative is to eat delicious snacks. WHICH IS WHY I decided to participate in Rachel Wilkerson’s January Project Tasteless Challenge. Rachel’s blog is awesome (when I blog up, I want to blog just like her!), so I thought it would be fun to throw my hat into the ring this month, particularly since the theme is “Please Let Me Infiltrate the Man Cave,” which may as well be the theme of my life.
Anyway, I actually missed the deadline (hey, that’s how I roll), but I still wanted to share my recipe because let’s face it—it’s awesome. To help me infiltrate the man cave, I’m employing pigs in a blanket, an old standby, with a spicy twist. Fun fact: When I got this recipe from my college roommate’s mom (Hey, Judy!), it came with an appropriately tasteless name (Dawg D*cks), which, as you can see, I have renamed in honor of their family.
Kapa Dawgs are delicious, totally Super Bowl-worthy, and I promise you will never go back to your sad, naked-beneath-the-blanket pigs again!
INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 packages refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 2 3-oz. packages cream cheese, softened
  • 2 T Dijon mustard
  • 2 t prepared horseradish
  • 1 t onion powder
  • 32 cocktail wieners

PREPARATION:
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Unroll crescent rolls and separate into triangles.  Cut each triangle in half lengthwise. (Placing the cans in the freezer for about 10 minutes definitely helps with the cutting process.)
In a bowl, mix the next four ingredients together until well-blended and smooth.
Spread a glob (mmm…glob) of the mixture onto each of the triangles, then place a wiener (haha) at the base of each triangle and roll up.
Place each roll seam-side down onto a baking sheet, and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven, let cool, then eat.

1 comment:

  1. cream cheese & horseradish--yum! You know what would be fun? Bringing some of these to work!!!

    ReplyDelete