First of all, do you love, love, love my a-mazing Music Thursday graphic?! Full disclosure, I snagged this image from the Web and merely added my own, festive text. But I still plan to rock it like I drew that cassette illustration in Microsoft Paint myself.
And, as it is Music Thursday, I wanted to post my non-musical (aka “normie”) workout mix, which I finally put together for you. You can find Part 1 of this post here.
One thing I love about workout mixes is that typically you’re running/working out with headphones, so no one can hear/judge the songs that get you pumped up. It doesn’t matter what you’re listening to, as long as it gets you moving. Have fun!
- “Like a G6” by Far East Movement (In aerobics class, my instructor will shout out, “Come on, ladies! Like a G6!” during this song. It is awk.)
- “Poker Face” by Lady Gaga
- “Trans Antrho” by Skull Tape
- “Good Gone Girl” by MIKA
- “Raise Your Glass” by Pink
- “Mr. Blue Sky” by ELO
- “About You Now” by Miranda Cosgrove (Yes, I am listing a song by iCarly. SIGH.)
- “Doing It Right” by The Go! Team (I don’t think I will ever not love this song.)
- “Satellite” by Leila Broussard
- “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay (“You know how I know you’re gay? You listen to Coldplay.”)
- “My Life Would Suck Without You” by Kelly Clarkson
- “You Don’t Have to Drive” by Sleeping in the Aviary
- “Sir Duke” by Stevie Wonder
- “Take Me Out” by Franz Ferdinand
- “He’s Not a Boy” by The Like
- “Check It Out” by Will.i.am (feat. Nicki Minaj)
- “Bulletproof” by La Roux
- “Back and Forth” by Foo Fighters
- “Because It’s Not Love” by The Pipettes
- “Don’t Stop Me Now” by Queen”
- And finally, I'll leave you with the ultimate running song, “Party Hard” by Andrew WK.