Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Green Album

I got really excited about Muppets: The Green Album as soon as I heard about it like a month ago. I mean, it’s clearly a part of some grand cross-promotional thing to help garner exposure for the upcoming movie, but I’m fine with it. As I mentioned not too long ago, I have a special place in my heart for good covers, and I love, love, love the Muppets. I grew up watching reruns of The Muppet Show, and The Muppet Christmas Carol is an annual Christmas tradition for me. Silly puppet humor + musical numbers = love.

The album itself comes out August 23, but it’s currently streaming on NPR’s First Listen, so I’m be-bopping to it in my cube. I like all the tracks, but my current favorites are “Movin’ Right Along” By Alkaline Trio (it’s so fun—it makes me want to take a road trip!) and “I Hope that Something Better Comes Along” by Matt Nathanson.

Just for fun, though, here’s a cover (not on this album) that Sarah McLaughlin did a few years ago of “Rainbow Connection.” So beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment