Friday, July 15, 2011

Having My Cake (But Not) Eating It Too


For the most part, I am really enjoying wedding planning. Yeah, it’s kind of a hassle, but it will all be worth it in the end, right? RIGHT?!
I don’t have a problem contacting (and re-counting) each of my seemingly endless vendors.
I don’t mind going over the minutiae that will likely go unnoticed by everyone but me.
And I only have the teensiest problem with sending my mother the same email eight times because she’s not technologically savvy enough to track down any of the previous seven.
The one thing that really does bug me, though, is how much I miss baking.
I love to bake. I lurve it. I think it is fun, and delicious, and everything that is good in life. And I have put myself on a baking hiatus through the end of September. I mean, it’s not like I think a cookie or two will keep me from zipping up my dress or anything, I just know myself, and I know that I have absolutely no self control where homemade baked goods are concerned. For example, if I bake 24 cookies, I will personally eat 20 of them. YIKES. And that kind of cookie binge could keep a girl from fitting into her clothes.
So, alas, I will just pine over the delicious desserts I want to make that show up in my google reader. Like this one. And this one. And…sigh. Maybe when this is all over, we can get together and have one big dessert-fest. I am definitely in.

1 comment: